[TYPO3-english] Applying a patch in Typo3

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Tue Jan 31 07:05:19 CET 2012

Hi Derik,

> I know this is probably a dumb question, but how to you apply a patch in
> typo3?  I do not have shell access on our server, only ftp.

As you are a newbie, a searched for "patch" on Google and found a nice
tutorial in the very first results:

http://www.linuxtutorialblog.com/post/introduction-using-diff-and-patch-tutorial

Short answer for your question: forget about doing anything useful on
your server over FTP. You either need a real access to your server to
work there or you'll have to apply your patch locally and upload changed
files.

HTH

--
Xavier Perseguers