[TYPO3-english] Reviewing the new Template Building Tutorial

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Mon Jan 30 20:51:52 CET 2012

Hello François,

having such a templating framework would be a good place to demontrate
best practises and with exchangeable templates users can go the easy way
and adapt settings ;)

So perhaps it's not perfectly suited for a beginner tutorial - but
perhaps it's an idea how to spread TYPO3 wider especially for beginners ;)

Easy start -> Fast results -> Happy users ;)

Regards
Kay

Am 30.01.2012 20:43, schrieb François Suter:
> Hi Kay,
>
>> perhaps you know templavoila_framework, i think we need something
>> similar for fedext or in the core to give our users the ability to
>> exchange templates.
>>
>> If we use parts of the ts from templavoila framework there a bunch of
>> templates available in the wild;)
>
> I'm not quite sure how this relates to my request. The point of the
> tutorial is that people understand how a template is built in TYPO3.
> This first, new tutorial willingly ignores things like automaketemplate,
> TemplaVoilà and FLUID templates, so that people get to know the
> underlying concepts. We definitely hope to have further tutorials which
> explore those other possibilities, especially the more modern ones like
> using FLUID.
>
> Cheers

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org