[TYPO3-english] not found in BE search

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Jan 28 14:47:43 CET 2012

Hi,

> I've created a db table and I try to search the records (title field of
> the record) in backend with the up-right-hand corner search or in right
> bottom "Search String" dialog. I get no results. The record is there and
> the string is correct and I'm in the sysfolder where the record exists.
> What might be wrong, something in my db table?

There's a bug in the BE search whereby it does not load the full TCA of
the tables and thus does not find records from custom tables. This was
actually fixed in 4.5, but not yet in 4.6 because it would require a
more sophisticated patch [1] implementing the new search properties [2]
introduced in 4.6. This has been on my todo list for a while, but I
haven't found the time yet. Anyone else is welcome to fix it.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/31761