[TYPO3-english] [realurl & tt_news] Number appended to the URL

Bibos brunoginoux at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 25 13:32:09 CET 2012

Hi everybody,

I'm using a website with two languages (FR & EN). Some of my news are
translated, but some don't (with "Language: ALL" selected).

I have a problem with these ones.

For my default language, the URL is correct, but for the translated pages,
realurl is appended a number at the end:

FR: http://www.mysite.com/fr/news/a-really-interresting-news/
EN: http://www.mysite.com/en/news/a-really-interresting-news-2/

I think this is due to the using of useUniqueCache in realurl_conf.php which
is activated (=> 1).
Indeed, if I deactivate it (=> 0 or FALSE), there is no more number
appended... but my URL looks like this:

http://www.mysite.com/fr/news/A Really Interresting News/

...which is not good either...

So... I'm stuck... Because I really have the feeling that realurl thinks
that the two aliases are the same and so append a number to differenciate
them... But as I have a language indication ( /fr/ or /en) in my URL, I
don't need this!

Where it comes really weirder: sometimes the number at the end is 2, 3 or
4... (and I only have two languages)

Thanks in advance for any help!