[TYPO3-english] Typo3 Introduction Package

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Tue Jan 24 20:32:41 CET 2012

Hi Joshua,

Parker, Joshua wrote:

>> When I install the Typo3 Introduction package on my Mac, it installs
>> perfectly. However, when I try to install the same package on a live
>> server, it installs, but the introduction content is not populated? Has
>> anyone else experience this before. If so, how did you fix it? Thanks.

That is strange. It should output an error message if something goes wrong.

Can you try to turn on the error reporting in you php.ini?

To me, this error results from either too low memory limit or too low
execution time. So you might want to increase those.

If all fails, you can just import a dump from your dev database. After all,
this is what the Introduction Package does (plus setting some passwords).

TYPO3 does not store any information related to the current host in the
database (unlike Wordpress - I had this problem once while moving a domain).

Once you got a working typo3conf/localconf.php, you can just copy any TYPO3
database over it and it will work out of the box.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe – PGP-Key 0AD96065