[TYPO3-english] Preventing brute-force attacks in FE login form

RDE Wiesbaden gr2 at ipw.net
Tue Jan 24 15:58:47 CET 2012

Oliver Salzburg schrieb:

> If your setup allows it, you could utilize fail2ban for this.
> There are several examples of this online. One would be this:
> http://www.illutzmination.de/typo3-fail2ban.html?&L=1

Hi Oliver

this fail2ban hint is partially outdated, the mass of root logins are comming
from hundreds or thousands of ip-numbers within minutes within one hour.

the chinese and the russians are using server farms around the world
as we found out. fail2ban did not (cannot !!) recognize that

and they run 2 minutes spikes and 10 minutes pause
currently they are tricking out our protection.

we are searching for an update too.
--
best regards
Gert Redlich