[TYPO3-english] Annyoing comments

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Fri Jan 20 16:12:42 CET 2012

Hi guys and girls,

just my own opinion: We are creating a great piece of open source
software. If you give something away under this license you (at least I
do it that we) need to accept that people create websites which you
maybe wouldn't create. This can be political things or whatever.

As stated already, TYPO3 doesn't show those comments in many other
outputs like if you remove the header because you wanna have an rss
feed. If someone wants to remove the comment, this still doesn't have to
be because TYPO3 is not liked or our work is not respected. There can be
multiple reasons like obscurity, making output some bits smaller or
whatever or just a boss who says to.

This mailing list is to help others, so mabye we should stick to that
again. Conclusion: If you dont use an ext like sourceopt, a code cleaner
like tiny or anything else, there is no simple way to remove the
comment. Of course you can always change it in the core (class
TSpagegen), by using a hook, xclass, ...

Georg