[TYPO3-english] Annyoing comments

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 19 23:11:22 CET 2012

Hi,

On 19-1-2012 18:07, Christopher Torgalson wrote:
> Can you elaborate on how it is you think anyone is legally bound to keep
> that comment in the TYPO3's *output*?

Every time this discussion starts there is the question about being
legally bound. There is also something as a moral obligation.

If someone offers you something for free and only wants in return that
there will be a name tag at a place where hardly anyone will see it.
Will you try hard to remove it?

I really can't understand the fuzz about it. It's just an HTML comment.

As far as other comments (begin and end) are concerned, I think you'll
find most of them in the Typoscript configuration of CSS Styled Content.
They are quite useful to recognize which part of the HTML is generated
by which content element. But once you've completed development you
could remove them.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.