[TYPO3-english] Annyoing comments

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 18:07:31 CET 2012

Hi Xavier,

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Xavier Perseguers <xavier at typo3.org> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> > and also this:
> >
> > <!--
> > This website is powered by TYPO3 - inspiring people to share!
> > TYPO3 is a free open source Content Management Framework initially
> created
> > by Kasper Skaarhoj and licensed under GNU/GPL.
> > TYPO3 is copyright 1998-2011 of Kasper Skaarhoj. Extensions are copyright
> > of their respective owners.
> > Information and contribution at http://typo3.com/ and http://typo3.org/
> > -->
> >
> > How can I get rid of them?
>
> This is the counterpart of TYPO3 being open source, you have to keep
> this comment according to the license agreement.

I've never felt the need to remove the head comment, but I'm also unaware
of any provision in the GPL that requires me to preserve the default
program output. Plus, there's a TS option--"config.disableAllHeaderCode =
1"--to remove it (along with the rest of the <head>...)

Can you elaborate on how it is you think anyone is legally bound to keep
that comment in the TYPO3's *output*?

--
Christopher Torgalson

PS -- in answer to the OP, I think you may be looking for
"config.disablePrefixComment = 1" [1].

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tsref/4.6.0/view/1/6/#id2627521