[TYPO3-english] Problems with locallang.xml translation since 4.6

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 19 11:12:55 CET 2012

Hi,

On 19-1-2012 10:13, Sören Kracker wrote:
> But I have created an extension to overwrite xml files of other
> extensions (felogin, tt_news...) and those show the same error.
> As already said: the error exists since 4.6. Everything was working in
> 4.4/4.5

In your XML you have three languages defined: 'default', 'en' and 'es'.
According to the documentation [1] English should be the default
language in .

What you observe is:

language: 'de' -> no match found in xml, so use 'default'
language: 'en' -> is 'default'
language: 'es' -> match found

Apparently there was a bug in previous versions where 'en' was also
searched and a match was found in your xml.

If you change the languageKey 'default' into 'de' and 'en' into
'default' the right translations should be shown. Can you test this?

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_inside/4.2.0/view/2/8/

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,