[TYPO3-english] Scheduler: uptime instead of cron job?

Dennis Hoffland d.o.hoffland at tele2.nl
Wed Jan 11 17:37:43 CET 2012

Hi Xavier,

I've tried a few things that hopefully provide you with more information.

The simple my_own_test.php file I put in /typo3 (just containing echo
'Succes!';) gave me the following results depending on the php function I
use to call the script:

passthru()          : Succes!

system()             : Succes!

exec()                  : blank page

When I change the extension to .foo I get the same results (as you already
suggested).

When I replace my_own_test.php by cli-dispatch.phpsh, I get:

passthru()          : The first argument must be a valid key.

system()             : The first argument must be a valid key.

exec()                  : blank page

Looking the code of cli-dispatch.phpsh, this error (The first argument must
be a valid key.) is thrown by line 107. When I changed the path to
cli-dispatch.phpsh in my passthru() function to ../typo3/ cli-dispatch.phpsh
I got another error (line 96: Relative path found, but an error occurred
while resolving the absolute path).

All this tells me 2 things:

1.       The passthru() script sets cli-dispatch.phpsh in motion as desired
(this problem seems solved!)

2.       The path to cli-dispatch.phpsh in passthru() is still bothering me.

I've tried 3 options regarding the path (my passthru() script is in my_dir,
on the same level as typo3/):

1.       /var/www/g12345/mydomain.com/HTML/my_dir/typo3/cli_dispatch.phpsh

Result (error):  The first argument must be a valid key.

2.       ../typo3/cli-dispatch.phpsh

Result (error): Relative path found, but an error occurred while resolving
the absolute path:
/var/www/g12345/mydomain.com/HTML/my_dir/.typo3/cli_dispatch.phpsh

3.       ../../typo3/cli-dispatch.phpsh

Result: blank page (however no mail send by Scheduler. Note: When manually
executed from the TYPO3 BE the Scheduler sends a test mail successfully)

I suspect the solution is within reach. Can you help on the final few yards
.

Kind regards,

Dennis