[TYPO3-english] Scheduler: uptime instead of cron job?

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Jan 11 14:06:49 CET 2012

> <?php
>
> exec ('/path/to/php /path/to/my_own_test.php');
>
> ?>
>
> It returned 'Succes!' as it should (see my previous mail) which confirmed to
> me that Philipp's script itself was working correctly and the problem lies
> probably in the .phpsh extension of cli_dispatch.phpsh for the reason I
> explained.

It just does not make sense! Because you could name your "my_onw_test"
with whatever extension you want, the PHP command would still "read it"
and interpret it (try with '.foo' locally, it works of course).

However your webserver won't interpret it as PHP if called over a browser:

http://your-website/path/to/cli_dispatch.phpsh

That's true! As long as you run it with /path/to/php, "in a command", it
will work! But you may have other problems and you should read your logs
if you get a blank page...

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6