[TYPO3-english] Scheduler: uptime instead of cron job?

Dennis Hoffland d.o.hoffland at tele2.nl
Wed Jan 11 11:18:03 CET 2012

Hello Xavier,

What you describe is exactly what I did.

When I ran the somewhere/test.php (from your example) from my browser I got
a blank page and the Scheduler wasn't triggered.

Just to make sure that I had the correct parameters for the exec () function
(or in my case the passthru() function Philipp had suggested)  I put a
simple .php file in the /typo3 folder and called that instead of
cli_dispatch.phpsh.

In other words (following your example):

somewhere/test.php

<?php

exec ('/path/to/php /path/to/my_own_test.php');

?>

It returned 'Succes!' as it should (see my previous mail) which confirmed to
me that Philipp's script itself was working correctly and the problem lies
probably in the .phpsh extension of cli_dispatch.phpsh for the reason I
explained.

Hope this clarifies any misunderstandings.

Kind regards,

Dennis