[TYPO3-english] RTE inside FCE strips HTML tags

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Mon Jan 9 15:40:40 CET 2012

Hi De Contardi Riccardo,

De Contardi Riccardo wrote:

> Hello: I've got a problem with my TYPO3 4.3.9 and a FCE element which
> uses the RTE
>
> The problem is: for unknown reasons, the RTE strips away all the html
> tags!
> For example <h1> My title </h1> becomes h1My title/h1
>
> I've found this bug: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9359 but is
> related to 4.2.x

It is a PHP bug. So the only think you can do is to use a bugfree server
software.

> Here is my configuration:
> TYPO3 4.3.9
> Templavoila 1.3.7
> PHP 5.2.6
>
> Could it be related to this bug?
> http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?topic=269015.0

Why don't you just check?
(And yes, this is the same error --> PHP bug.)

--------8<------------------
Here is a simple test that can be used to check for this problem (save the
following code to a file called "xmltest.php",

upload it to the server holding your Joomla! installation and point your
browser at it):

Code:
<?php

$parser_check = xml_parser_create();
xml_parse_into_struct($parser_check, '<foo>&amp;</foo>', $values);
xml_parser_free($parser_check);
$xml_is_sane = isset($values[0]['value']);

if (!$xml_is_sane)
{
	echo "XML is broken!";
} else {