[TYPO3-english] In localized website, the home page menu link stops working

Joshua Heinrich Karp jhkarp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 03:59:58 CET 2012

Hi List,

I am currently localizing a website, and have come across a tricky problem.

To get the home page to show up in the navigation, I created a shortcut
page named Home. Problematically, the Home shortcut doesn't work in the
localized side of the website. I can access the localized home page
directly at /hi/index.html, but not through the navigation.

You can see the problem at http://www.india-ava.org/hi/about.html, if you
click on the "Home" link -- which you see is not even being displayed in
Hindi characters, although I have configured the home page identically to
all the other pages in the site.

Thanks for your assistance.

Joshua