[TYPO3-english] config.absRefPrefix and minificator script

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 5 20:20:50 CET 2012

On 5-1-2012 19:53, Steffen Gebert wrote:
> Hi Victor,
>
>> I'm using TYPO3 4.6.3 and due to changes at RealURL manual, I've
>> exchanged config.baseURL = http://{$BaseUrl}/ with config.absRefPrefix =
>> http://{$BaseUrl}/
>
> baseURL and absRefPrefix aren't the same options with distinct names ;)
>
> absRefPrefix is independent of your host name, so it's / in case your
> TYPO3 installation is in your document root, /foo/bar/ in case if it's
> reachable through http://example.org/foo/bar/ etc.

Look at the description in TSref:
-------------
If this value is set, then all relative links in TypoScript are
prepended with this string. Used to convert relative paths to absolute
paths.

Note: This values is automatically set to the dirname of the index.php
script in case simulateStaticDocuments is set to "PATH_INFO".

If you're working on a server where you have both internal and external
access, you might do yourself a favor and set the absRefPrefix to the
url and path of you site, e.g. http://www.typo3.com/. If you do not, you
risk to render pages to cache from the internal network and thereby
prefix image-references and links with a non-accessible path from outside.

This actually suggests to use the host name in the setting. Seems like
the OP did find a bug...

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.