[TYPO3-english] Richt Text Editor not loading in Adv. Frontend Editing Extension in TYPO 4.6

Roel Krottje remobots at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 16:07:07 CET 2012

Hey guys,

How are you all? ..I'm experiencing a really annoying problem and I was
hoping some1 can help me out.

I have several clean/simple template-based TYPO3 4.6 installations and have
previously (4.3, 4.3) been able to use the Advanced Frontend Editing
extenstion without too much hassle. However, with TYPO3 4.6, i'm
getting a c.getComputedStyle(g.firstChild.firstChild,
null) is null javascript error as soon as I open an editing window to edit
a content element in the front end.. The Rich Text Editor keeps showing an
Ajax loading image at this point and doesn't show up at all..

Anybody got a clue about what is causing this and how to fix it??

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,
Roel Krottje