[TYPO3-english] Scheduler: uptime instead of cron job?

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Tue Jan 3 18:47:55 CET 2012

Hi Dennis,

Dennis Hoffland wrote:

> I am wondering if it would be possible to call the
> typo3/cli_duspatch.phpsh from a site monitoring service (uptime).
>
> My first attempt to do so was unsuccessful, even when I changed the
> permissions of cli_duspatch.phpsh to 755. Access continues to be blocked,
> it seems (no response from the server).

Normal, because most servers have no clue what to do with a .phpsh file. And
even if it gets executed, it will not return anything.

> Does anyone have experience with this (obviously I am looking for a secure
> solution)?

You can just put a .php file somewhere and use
<?php
header("Content-type: text/plain");
passthru("env -i /path/to/php
/path/to/your/webspace/typo3/cli_dispatch.php.sh");
?>

The path to php is usually /usr/bin/php.

Please also keep in mind that you can easily DOS your website that way -
especially if you have more complex tasks.

Make sure to save your wrapper script to an unguessable name.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe – PGP-Key 0AD96065