[TYPO3-english] (no subject)

Mark Kuiphuis spam at markyourweb.com
Mon Jan 2 07:01:14 CET 2012

I always believe that if it can be solved with Typoscript, then it should be done
with Typoscript and not with an extension.... :-)

I normally use the following Typoscript code to place the Google Analytics code on
every page:

##### START #####

temp.gakey = TEXT

[globalString = IENV:HTTP_HOST = {$HTTP_HOST_NL}]
temp.gakey.value = {$GA_KEY_NL}
[end]

[globalString = IENV:HTTP_HOST = {$HTTP_HOST_EN}]
temp.gakey.value = {$GA_KEY_EN}
[end]

[globalString = IENV:HTTP_HOST = {$HTTP_HOST_DE}]
temp.gakey.value = {$GA_KEY_DE}
[end]

temp.analytics = COA
temp.analytics.10 = HTML
temp.analytics.10.value = <script type="text/javascript">
temp.analytics.20 = HTML
temp.analytics.20.value = var _gaq = _gaq || [];
temp.analytics.30 = HTML
temp.analytics.30 < temp.gakey
temp.analytics.30.wrap = _gaq.push(['_setAccount', '|']);
temp.analytics.40 = HTML
temp.analytics.40.value = _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
temp.analytics.50 = HTML
temp.analytics.50.value = (function() {
temp.analytics.60 = HTML
temp.analytics.60.value = var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type =
'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
temp.analytics.70 = HTML
temp.analytics.70.value = ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ?
'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
temp.analytics.80 = HTML
temp.analytics.80.value = var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];
s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
temp.analytics.90 = HTML
temp.analytics.90.value = })();
temp.analytics.100 = HTML
temp.analytics.100.value = </script>

# Add a newline character after almost any line (NOT AFTER THE unique pagetracker ID)
temp.analytics.11 = HTML
temp.analytics.11.value.char = 10
temp.analytics.21 = HTML
temp.analytics.21.value.char = 10
temp.analytics.31 = HTML
temp.analytics.31.value.char = 10
temp.analytics.41 = HTML
temp.analytics.41.value.char = 10
temp.analytics.51 = HTML
temp.analytics.51.value.char = 10
temp.analytics.61 = HTML
temp.analytics.61.value.char = 10
temp.analytics.91 = HTML
temp.analytics.91.value.char = 10
temp.analytics.101 = HTML
temp.analytics.101.value.char = 10

##### END #####

In the Constants (I normally use the root page) I define the GA_KEY_LLL (where LLL =
the language of that site)

GA_KEY_NL = UA-1234567-1
GA_KEY_EN = UA-1234567-2
GA_KEY_DE = UA-1234567-3

Then I build up the Google Javascript code here and put it in the <head> section of
your document just before the </head>...(apparently this is new and allows it to work
better and also work together with Google Webmaster Tools...

Of course this code can be simplified if you only have one GA account. Then you don't
need to use the conditions to set the proper UA code...

On 27/12/11 9:55 PM, Francois Bertrand wrote:
> I was looking around the extensions on Typo3.org and came across this
> one: http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/we_google_analytics/current/
>
> What do you think about it? Is it better to use this one or tq_seo?
>
> Does it work well with the latest version of T3?

Cheers, Mark