[TYPO3-english] Sorry, you didn't have proper permissions to perform this change

Michael Lykke typo3 at lykke-it.dk
Sun Jan 1 23:41:17 CET 2012

Hi list

I get the above error in plain text in the BE when trying to create new
records, both content elements, TemplaVoila data structures and Front
End Users (maybe in other tables as well). No problem when creating
other types of records, e.g. comments for T3Blog, Real URL aliases via
Realurlmanagement and possibly others.

If I create a content element from list view, I get the red error box
with the same error but with a little different text:
"Attempt to insert record on page 'xxx' (40) where this table,
tt_content, is not allowed".

This problem started after upgrading from 4.5.2 to 4.6.3 in which
progres I also updated all db tables to UTF-8 (thanks goes out to Xavier
and Jigal).

 From searching I learned that this error can occur if there are
non-compliant charaters in the templates or if trying to insert records
on root level when logged in as non-administrator. But neither seems to
be the case here.

I have tried various debug methods and logging but none seem to produce
any usable information. I'm simply at a loss here.

I backed up the installation to my local machine and everything works
fine there, so now I'm beginning to think that the problem may be
related to Safe Mode (which is on because I'm on shared hosting). Could
this be the problem?

Hope someone out there can help me?

Best regards,
Michael