[TYPO3-english] Problem with danish characters after upgrade to 4.6

Michael Lykke typo3 at lykke-it.dk
Sun Jan 1 22:20:41 CET 2012

Hi Jigal

On 01-01-2012 16:33, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> These tables obviously didn't have any *CHAR/TEXT fields in them which
> had a non-UTF* charset/collation. I don't think you need to convert any
> columns, just set default charset and collation of the table.

Also, some fields had index constraints which prevented the update. I
have now manually converted the remaining tables and all are now UTF-8.

> I've seen this when the table isn't up-to-date. Use the database COMPARE
> option in the Install Tool to check if there need to be columns added to
> some tables. If the TCA definition of the table doesn't match the
> situation in the database it produces database errors which are
> interpreted as permission problems.
>
> Godt NytÅr!

I ran the COMPARE and deleted tables and fields from uninstalled
extensions and now I get a "All tables and fields are up to date" message.

But the problem still persists. Will start a new thread on the subject.

Best regards,

Michael