[TYPO3-english] How do you organize external TypoScript files?

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Wed Feb 22 10:38:03 CET 2012

Hi.

Another solution would be to use subdirectories for each part of the ts
object name. But this only makes sense if you have a lot of ts objects:

fileadmin/setup/ts/setup/
 \-- page.ts
 \-- lib/
      \-- navigation.ts
      \-- breadcrumb.ts
 \-- plugins
      \-- news.ts
      \-- cal.ts

and another file to includes them all (this one itself is included in
root template record): fileadmin/setup/ts/setup.ts

A less structured solution would be:

fileadmin/setup/ts/setup/
\-- lib.navigation.ts
\-- lib.breadcrump.ts
\-- plugin.news.ts
\-- plugin.cal.ts

On 21.02.2012 16:33 Oliver Salzburg wrote:

> Do you intentionally not put them under the fileadmin folder?
> I always thought that would be the place to put all user files.

Then make sure to permit .ts files to be accesses directly:
<FilesMatch "\.(ts)$">
 order deny,allow
 deny from all
</FilesMatch>

http://wiki.typo3.org/Security#Secure_your_external_configuration_files_.28i.e._TypoScript.29

Sometimes it's more easier to use the hardcore variant:

# Permit access to files starting with \.
RedirectMatch 404 /\\..*(/.*|$)

--
cheers,
Steffen