[TYPO3-english] please help with project approach

"Markus Müller" mmueller9223 at web.de
Sun Feb 19 23:25:35 CET 2012

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to wrap my head around this for two days now but I can't decide on a proper way to do it - pages / tt_news / browser_frontend_engine / something else?. Maybe you could share your ideas. Thank you in advance!

AIM: I want to build a Website to manage tours.

REQUIREMENTS:
- few extensions so updating stays easy
- each tour should have: up to 20 dates (timespans), comments, possibility to add html, (unlimited) use of content elements (Text, Images, etc) including own fces
- be searchable by indexed search

STRUCTURE:
- COUNTRY -> REGION -> ACTIVITY -> TOURS
- i would like to present the tours on the front page as teasers, have list views depending on the Country/Region/etc.

NICE-TO-HAVE (if not to hard I might be able to code myself):
- search with filtering options
- calendar view with filter showing the start-dates and linking to the tours

How would you approach this to keep things as flexible and easy as possible?

My initial idea would be to use pages for everything and add additional fields to the page-table. The filtering views could then be achieved by custom TMENUS. Or am I wrong here? Is it possible to build a category system for pages (with subcategories)?

Thank you,

Markus