[TYPO3-english] DAM Audio Extractor -- not available

Juan Lopez psallitesapienter at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 19 12:58:07 CET 2012

Hi everyone. I'm new here, so I don't even know if this message will reach the list.
I'm trying to extract metadata from audio files that are uploaded to a website. By searching in the TER, I found that DAM should be the best solution.
After installing DAM and indexing what I already had, I tried to install the metaExtract Audio extension (cc_meta_audio). All went fine, except that when I go to Media > Tools > Services Info the "Available" column shows a red circle. I'm assuming that the Audio Extractor service is not running. I've also downloaded (and installed) getid3, which cc_meta_audio needs, but there doesn't seem to be metadata extraction from files I upload.
Is there a way to activate the service, so that the red circle in Services Info goes away? Am I doing something wrong?
Help will be very appreciated, since I've been at it for days now.
I've already searched this english list, but only found one post from some years ago, and I don't think that person found a solution.

TIA!!!