[TYPO3-english] conditional hide of a certain content element

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Tue Feb 14 16:02:56 CET 2012

hi,

I'm trying to approach this now from different angle using content element's tab Appearance and field "Indentation and frames".

I know I can add a class to an element with this, but is there a way to completely stop render an element with this?

In my page's tsconfig I have

TCEFORM {
  tt_content {
    section_frame {
      removeItems = 1,5,6,10,11,12,20,21 //this is not relevant here
      addItems.100 = Hide if mobile device
      }
  }
}

and normally - when I want to add a class to a CE - in template setup I would have

tt_content.stdWrap.innerWrap.cObject {
  100 < tt_content.stdWrap.innerWrap.cObject.default
  100.15.value = myclass
}

Now I want to override the whole content rendering of this content element and instead have nothing there, so I try this, with no effect:

tt_content.stdWrap.innerWrap.cObject {
100 < tt_content.stdWrap.innerWrap.cObject.default  //removing this doesn't help
100 >
100.10.value >
100.15.value >
100.20.value >
100.30.value >
100.10.value =  //removing these don't help
100.15.value =
100.20.value =
100.30.value =
100.10 >  //or this way, no help
100.15 >
100.20 >
100.30 >
}

Do you know if it's even possible
*not to render certain object based on a condition*

Cheers, Katja