[TYPO3-english] xampp + windows + Microsoft Security Essentials = slow

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k at prolabium.com
Mon Feb 13 19:37:35 CET 2012

hi

An tip for those using that combination.

Xampp does somehow conflicting with Microsoft Security Essentials (at
least at my PC) and the performance can be 4x worse that without
Microsoft Security Essentials.
I had: 8sec (when in conflict) vs 2sec (without conflict)

Solutions:
1) use another antivirus software

2) add scanning exclusion in Microsoft Security Essentials settings:
     Excluded processes:
     a)  C:\xampp\apache\bin\httpd.exe;

3) install Zend Server - from my feelings its 30% faster than xampp
(even if xampp if not in collision with Microsoft Security Essentials)

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz