[TYPO3-english] formhandler, value.current, CASE...understanding problems

Reinhard Führicht rf at typoheads.at
Fri Feb 10 17:38:33 CET 2012

Hi Sören

Am 10.02.2012 15:36, schrieb Sören Kracker:
> Thank you Reinhard,
>
> but this means, that it's not possible to do something like my
> switch/case depending on the value except using a userfunction? Is that
> right? A plain example: value can be A or B (nothing else), I want to
> change it to C (if it's A) and to D (if it's B).

I haven't tested it, but something like this should be possible:

mydbfield {
     preProcessing = TEXT
     preProcessing {
	value =
	stdWrap.cObject = CASE
	stdWrap.cObject {
	        key.data = GP:myvar
         	val1 = TEXT
	        val1.value = a
         	val2 = TEXT
	        val2.value = b
	}
     }
     mapping = myvar
}

Of course, if you have set a "formValuesPrefix" in your TS, then
GP:myvar should probably be GP:prefix|myvar.

Regards,
Reinhard