[TYPO3-english] Password management advice

Oliver Salzburg oliver.salzburg at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 7 14:25:03 CET 2012

Hello Rik,

my opinion is that, yes, you would have to delete every one of those
200 accounts one-by-one.

I assume you build these sites for your clients. So by forcing a
non-default authentication mechanism on the client just to solve your
in-house account management issue, you're making life worse for your
client.

Let's say you move all sites to an LDAP-based authentication mechanism.
Given that you worry about your own user accounts, it would be logical
that your company hosts the LDAP server. Now all authorization for all
websites you've built for your clients needs to go through your server.

That might be desirable if you're going for the tightest lock-in for
your clients, but they might not appreciate those efforts ;)

I would recommend spending a days or two hacking together a solution
that can SSH into all the sites of all your clients and add/remove
user accounts from the local database.

Cheers
Oliver