[TYPO3-english] Password management advice

Oliver Salzburg oliver.salzburg at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 7 11:35:03 CET 2012

On 2012-02-07 10:12, Rik Willems wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for some password management advice. How are you all
> handeling this situation.
>
> Say, you work on a lot of TYPO3 (and perhaps Magento as well) projects
> with your team. Does everybody use his own username/password? How do you
> manage changes in your team? Do you go through all projects and delete a
> user, or change a master password?
>
> Do you have other solutions to a central login system to all your
> projects for project members? LDAP server perhaps?
>
> Looking forward to your thoughts.
>
> Cheers! Rik

I use KeePass (http://keepass.info) and create a new database entry for
every new site (both FE and BE). The login forms are later identified
by the title of the browser window (so to speak) and I log in with the
press of a hotkey.

Besides that, I would never share user accounts with anyone. Doing so
has many negative implications that are just unnecessary. TYPO3 user
accounts are cheap to create, do so.

Cheers
Oliver