[TYPO3-english] Synchronising front-end and back-end layouts

Graham Knight graham.knight5 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 10:27:16 CET 2012

Dear All,

We have upgraded to 4.5 and I would like to use the grid-view back-end layout.

Our pages use 3 layouts selectable by individual editors. Under 4.5 editors currently see both front-end and back-end selector boxes. I would like to remove this duplication and just show the back-end selectors. I would then refer to the back-end selector when rendering the page.

My problem is that our existing pages do not have back-end layouts set. Is there a way I can set these by reference to the existing layout fields?

Many thanks.

Graham