[TYPO3-english] RTE: could not modify image

André Spindler typo3 at andre-spindler.de
Fri Feb 3 19:07:33 CET 2012

Hello list,

I just discovered a strange problem in the RTE of TYPO3 4.5.11:.
In this installation, images are enabled in the RTE. And that's working.
Editors can include images (magic images and plain ones) without problem.

But it is not possible to modify existing images:
In IE (versions 8 and 9): When clicking on "Modify image" in the context
menu, there are only three tabs in the popup window: "New Magic Image", "New
Plain Image" and "Drag and Drop". The tab "Current Image" is missing at all.
So there is no chance to add clickenlage feature or a border to an existing
picture.
In Firefox (10) the behaviour is little different: the popup contains the
four tabs "Current Image", "New Magic Image", "New Plain Image" and "Drag
and Drop". The first one for the current image is active. But if one of the
other three tabs is clicked, the content of the popup window is reloaded and
then there are only three tabs yet. And the missing one is the first one.

I testet this issue on two different plattforms (PHP5.3.3 and PHP5.2.6) with
TYPO3 4.5.11. And I found an entry in a (german) forum from April 2011
(http://www.typo3.net/forum/beitraege/rich_text_editor/104885/). So this
problem obviously does exist already in 4.4.7 and 4.5.2.
I haven't checked it out in newer versions yet (>4.6.0), as in all my newer
installtions I do not allow images to be included in the rte...

Thanks,
André Spindler