[TYPO3-english] Is debian 7 fine for typo3 ?

Alessandro Tuveri at at uniud.it
Mon Dec 31 12:41:49 CET 2012

hi
several months ago, on my risk I installed my TYPO3 v. 4.5.22 sites on
centos 4.6, upgrading to php 5.4.xand mysql 5.5.x. All is working
fine; I suppose that for the newest version this sould be more simple
and TYPO3 CMS v.6.x should be right to run with this specifications.

> Hi joydeep at infoservices.in,
>
> joydeep at infoservices.in wrote:
>
>> debian is soon releasing the nest stable version 7.
>> The php is shipped with this version is *** 5.4.4 *** and Mysql is ***
>> 5.5.28 ***
>>
>> Is the typo3 running with 4.6.x / 4.7.x is fine with the OS up-gradation ?
>
> It is not explicitly supported, but works fine in most cases. There core is
> adjusted at all important places to run on PHP 5.4 even for lower TYPO3 CMS
> versions.
>
> You must expect more warnings that show up if you use PHP 5.4.
>
> Extensions usually make more trouble than the core.
>
> Best regards
> --
> Philipp Gampe ? PGP-Key 0AD96065 ? TYPO3 UG Bonn/Köln
> Documentation ? linkvalidator
> TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!

ALESSANDRO TUVERI

AREA SERVIZI INFORMATICI E MULTIMEDIALI