[TYPO3-english] <extension> js_select has limitation of 10 js files, is that the case?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sun Dec 30 16:53:51 CET 2012

Hi Guan,

Guan Ming wrote:

> I am not sure this issue is coming from the extension or is the limitation
> of TYPO3 BE, there is also no configuration about limitation of js files
> to include.  I am also not very sure if css_select has this similar issue.

The warning is a bit misleading, but the limitation comes from the "table
configuration array" (TCA).
There should be a key columns, with a subkey with the name of the database
column. There the display and accepted values (eval key) are configured.

You can use the configuration module to inspect the values (there is
properly a max values defined) and to generated the needed PHP lines for
AdditionalConfiguration.php
However this is broken in 6.0, I will push a fix.

In the meantime you can do this with a lower version of TYPO3 CMS. E.g. have
a look at
$TCA['pages']['columns']['fe_group']['config']['maxitems'] = 20;

That means you can just select 20 FE-Groups in the page properties. You can
set any upper other upper limit if you need to configure more groups for a
page.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!