[TYPO3-english] typo3 package is downloaded as .tar instead of .tar.gz on a mac

Bernd Trippel trip at nosubject.org
Thu Dec 27 14:52:05 CET 2012

> Op 27-12-12 12:31, Muriel le Pair schreef:
>> Hi,
>>
>> If I download a (any) package from http://typo3.org/download/ on a mac
>> it is downloaded as a *.tar file instead of *.tar.gz, so for instance
>> typo3_src-4.7.7.tar
>>
>> If I download it with windows the file name is typo3_src-4.7.7.tar.gz
>>
>> Does anybody know how to prevent this?
>
> It works fine in Google Chrome, so seems to be a bug that only exists in
> Safari and Firefox.
> Does anybody know how to fix this?

Automatic unzipping is the default behaviour in Safari. Set Safari's
preferences to not open safe files (Tab "General" I think).

As an alternative you could use a command-line utilitiy  (wget or curl)
in the Terminal. Take a look at http://get.typo3.org/ - it's documented
there and offers a convenient way to download releases.

cheers
Bernd