[TYPO3-english] Last TYPO3 version without fluid/extbase

Tonix (Antonio Nati) tonix at interazioni.it
Sun Dec 23 22:32:22 CET 2012

Il 23/12/2012 17:54, Philipp Gampe ha scritto:
> Hi Tonix,
>
> Tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:
>
>> Some companies live writing application software to be sold, and they
>> must mantain the property and secrecy of the code, for selling it.
>> Of course they would adopt a CMS or presentation layer which helps their
>> development, but if this CMS forces them to give away the sources for
>> free, of course they will prefer to write internally a small CMS or
>> adopt a BSD licensed framework, or pay for using a commercial one, which
>> will let them live of their work.
> So you just want to take, but not give! Just move on, TYPO3 is not for you.

FIRST.
====

Philip, I'm a professional developer, which is using his time for
developing an advanced package.

None is paying me for that, that is my investiment in bringing a new
product on the market.

This is the way professional development companies work, risking their
money.

It is very easy to be paid from a customer and give the code for free.
This means rubbing money and fame to the customer.

If you don't understand how professional developers work, it means you
are not  a professional developer. PERIOD.

SECOND.
======

Look in google for the patch called chkuser (and chkusr). It is saving
thousands of qmail installations.
It has been installed in dozens (if not hundreds) of thousands servers
running qmail.

It tooks me months developing it. I gave it for free, with BSD like
license. Use it as you like, only tell my name, but do what you want
with this code.
And it is ten years I'm giving free help to anyone on chkuser.

So, next time, before writing you stupid and not informed sentence, wash
your mouth, clean your tongue, and learn to be more respecful.

I did for open source more than you and hundreds of people like you.

>> As example, FreeBSD is completely free, and anyone can use it without
>> any limit.
>> So big companies which develop applications for selling and need changes
>> in FreeBSD core develope those changes and put them in the mainstream
>> for free, or give money to the community for the work, while mantaining
>> their application code reserved. So, the core of FreeBSD is always
>> better, while each company is free to have his market on the application
>> which is using FreeBSD (and each part concentrates on his specific
>> development sector).
> Funny enough lots of companies can make a lot of money with GPL software.
> Seems that you do something wrong?!?
> Even Microsoft contributed code to the Linux kernel, but did they do this
> for BSD too?

Infact Microsoft get code from BSD, but It seems you know only the
superficial things.

Windows server used FreeBSD TCP code, and FreeBSD never complained.
VMware uses TCP stack from FreeBSD.
Apple OS/X is based on FreeBSD.

FreeBSD gives, gives, gives. And does not complain.

Spend a good Xmas thinking if you and people like you are really useful
to the open source.
This last sentence is valid for a lot of people in this list.

Regards,

Tonino

> Merry Xmas

         Inter at zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
    http://www.interazioni.it      tonix at interazioni.it