[TYPO3-english] Last TYPO3 version without fluid/extbase

Tonix (Antonio Nati) tonix at interazioni.it
Sun Dec 23 22:13:10 CET 2012

Il 23/12/2012 17:51, Philipp Gampe ha scritto:
> Hi Tonix,
>
> Tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:
>
>>> Impossible due to the license ;)
>> TYPO3 foundation is the owner of license, so could change it.
> T3A is not the owner of the code. Each developer own his own contributions
> unless he signed the CLA. And the CLA is not required for the TYPO3 CMS.
> Thus no license change is possible unless all developers who ever
> contributed agree on the change. This is close to impossible because we do
> not have a full tracking of who did which patch before the git migration.
> The T3A just owns the name.

This is really a poor justification.

You can release the code known to be 'signed', and warn about the code
for which you cannot guarantee. That will be a problem for others,
eventually.

> After all, what is your problem with the license? It pretty much allows
> everything, except distributing your own version without sharing the code.

My own version, derivative code, and code with business logic which
calls TYPO3 libraries.

TYPO3 4.* license is extremely limiting, while 6.0 (if I dont get wrong)
let you link to typo3 libraries without sharing the code.

>> It would be great if TYPO3 4.6 could be released under a BSD license,
>> giving us freedom to continue in a different way.
> You can fork and continue in a different way with the GPL too. You need to
> change the name of the project, because "TYPO3" is owned by the T3A, but you
> are absolutely free to create a fork.

No thanks,

Best regards,

Tonino

> Best regards

         Inter at zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
    http://www.interazioni.it      tonix at interazioni.it