[TYPO3-english] Last TYPO3 version without fluid/extbase

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sun Dec 23 17:51:48 CET 2012

Hi Tonix,

Tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:

>> Impossible due to the license ;)
>
> TYPO3 foundation is the owner of license, so could change it.

T3A is not the owner of the code. Each developer own his own contributions
unless he signed the CLA. And the CLA is not required for the TYPO3 CMS.
Thus no license change is possible unless all developers who ever
contributed agree on the change. This is close to impossible because we do
not have a full tracking of who did which patch before the git migration.
The T3A just owns the name.

After all, what is your problem with the license? It pretty much allows
everything, except distributing your own version without sharing the code.

> It would be great if TYPO3 4.6 could be released under a BSD license,
> giving us freedom to continue in a different way.

You can fork and continue in a different way with the GPL too. You need to
change the name of the project, because "TYPO3" is owned by the T3A, but you
are absolutely free to create a fork.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!