[TYPO3-english] Last TYPO3 version without fluid/extbase

Andi cocopapa at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 03:02:36 CET 2012

Hi Tonino

Nobody is hindering you or your company to branch TYPO3 and bring up a TYPO3 4.6 ala Tonino.

If this branch is soon much more stable, flexible and of course much more customer friendly than the original TYPO3 or even NEOS than I am sure many people and developers will switch to it as they are used to the Current TYPO3 way.

The longer it will take to make it to this point in comparison to bring up 6.0 to a be a customer friendly product will make the difference on how many developers will start using extbase fluid and ddd approaches and how many will stay with what they have learned since TYPO3 is existing.

Take powermail as a small piece of code which currently has the same "branching" I would say. Many don't like the 2.0 branch and many developers and agencies and even extension developers, like the one from "org" or quick-shop, are still building on the Latest release BEFORE 2.0 because this is simply working instantly.

It is IMHO only a time factor.

Sit down with your team/company over the next 2/3 weeks and refactor 4.6 to bring it up to this point and I am pretty sure you will be successful in having most of the developers and customers behind you. Use the same license. Promote it with your company and those who will join. Be the change you wanna see in TYPO3.

I am sure During these 3 weeks not much will happen in NEOS and 6.0 as most devs also like to have their holiday.

If you can't do this, or can't spent your time for this, than I doubt that you will be ever successful in creating a 4.6 Version which will be better and used lateron by a wider audience than the one of 6.0. Even this version has so many problems for devs and endusers and is often simply unusable!

It will be like a race between to Teams :-). Take the chance of the next 20 days and you are all set! By the way many TYPO3 developers in countries like India and mostly non- christian countries like Thailand etc will have normal working days next week.

So if you could start only after the holidays simply forget the idea and instead put all power of your team/company in learning those new TYPO3 ways or simply switch like more and more do to i.e. drupal and other products on the market - also here you would need to invest in learning new methods in doing things.

Andi

Sent from Andi's iPhone