[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 Customer Feedback Initiative

Tonix (Antonio Nati) tonix at interazioni.it
Sat Dec 22 19:53:39 CET 2012

Il 22/12/2012 08:49, Patrick Lobacher ha scritto:
> Tonix (Antonio Nati) schrieb:
>> Honestly I have problems understanding the goal of this page, and why
>> a development frameworks should speak to end users, which will never
>> use directly the framework.
>
> The developer on the one side and the customer on the other side are
> tied to each other in a way which is sometimes difficult to discover.
>
> The developer can develop software not one customer will ever use it,
> because he do not need it.
> And the customer can choose every other software for reasons so the
> developer has nothing to give to him.
> So there should be a balanced communication between them to find out
> if the "product" the developer has created fits the needs the customer
> have.
>
> I believe that most software development has one big reason at the end
> (besides of many others of course) - the developer wants someone (even
> himself) to use it. And if I want someone to do anything I have to
> communicate to this person - because this person is the customer.
> As a developer you want to create a solution or solve a problem - for
> someone who has this problem and this is again the customer.
>
> Have you ever worked in a company where the developer decide what the
> customer wants to have?

Here comes my question: have you ever worked in a company? I suppose no.

When you develop something for end users, an analyst spends hours, days,
weeks or even months speaking with customers and studying problems and
solutions. it is not job of a project manager, nor of a programmer,
unless the problem is extremely easy.

After this deep studying, results and data structures are passed to
programmers, with the business problems already solved, so the
programmer can translate the solutions in coding.

This is also the DDD logic. Study the problem with customers, learning
the business logic and learning their language, so you can more easily
talk with them while studying (and learning) the problems and the
solutions. Then pass the solution to coders (and forget DDD in programming).

So I doubt there is any convenience on a customer survey which thinks to
solve end user problems.

Stupid problems maybe, but forget about any serious problem, unless they
commit to a deep vertical study of any specific problem.

Sorry, but I see TYPO3 environment always less and less professional.

Merry Christmas and happy new year.

Tonino

         Inter at zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
    http://www.interazioni.it      tonix at interazioni.it