[TYPO3-english] Last TYPO3 version without fluid/extbase

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Dec 21 18:22:12 CET 2012

Hi Tonix,

Tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:

> A lot of beer, meetings, festivals for TYPO3, but nothing really
> interesting. It could be evaluated if it would be better to give all the
> software to a normal company, instead of a foundation, having the double
> release: community version - payed version.

Impossible due to the license ;)

Anyway, it would be cool if more experts would get their hands dirty and I
really think that the development of TYPO3 CMS starts to accelerate again.

If you want to have state-of-the-art technology from experts, then you
should move on to Flow+Neos.

TYPO3 CMS will evolve further, but with more focus on stability and to
rewrite thinks.
Some design decision were very well though once in a time, but are a burden
now. Just look into the side-effect using way of doing TS and tcemain and
the backend forms. It is almost impossible to change the code now without
breaking at least some functionality.
There are still people with a vision who are willing to deliver an expert
project to experts, but there are also people that just want to have a
working website with a few clicks.

We need to satisfy both and I would be happy if you would join is and
discuss goals for 6.1 and beyond.

Merry Xmas
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!