[TYPO3-english] Building a RESTful API with TYPO3?

Roland most.wanted at gmx.at
Fri Dec 21 10:06:21 CET 2012

hey christian,

 > You didn't explain what you think RESTful is and why your approach
 > didn't work.

these things should be met (as far as i know):

* using HTTP, status codes and GET, DELETE, PUT and POST methods

... did not know how to achive this with TYPO3.

* using typical REST URI design:
* http://blog.2partsmagic.com/restful-uri-design/

... i am not sure if EXT:realurl and Extbase let you set up a typical
REST URI design.

* user authentifizierung

... "The client–server communication is further constrained by no client
context being stored on the server between requests. Each request from
any client contains all of the information necessary to service the
request, and any session state is held in the client."

 >> what would be your approach if you already had a (big) TYPO3 website
 >> with a lot of data that should now also be accessible via RESTful API?
 >
 > I'd register an eID for my some_api extension to have as little as
 > possible TYPO3 processing in the way. Now you've got your base URL and
 > can do whatever you want:
 >
 > http://host/?eID=some_api&fetch=products
 > http://host/?eID=some_api&fetch=product&id=1
 > http://host/?eID=some_api&fetch=otherdata

i guess i have to think/read about this.

thank you.

kind regards

roland