[TYPO3-english] Wincache backend

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Dec 21 04:05:52 CET 2012

Hi Gorosito,

Gorosito Gonzalo wrote:

> So I was wondering where on typo3 can I use wincache? Can I use it for
> sessions? How can I configure to gain the maximum benefit from it?

You can use it as cache backend for all caches using the caching framework.

You can find all caches at [SYS][caching][cacheConfigurations] (using e.g.
the configuration module with $TYPO3_CONF_VARS).

In my 6.0 install (6.0 is the first version to support wincache), the
configurable caches are:
[cache_core]
[cache_hash]
[cache_pages]
[cache_pagesection]
[cache_phpcode]
[cache_rootline]
[cache_runtime]
[class_cache]
[extbase_datamapfactory_datamap]
[extbase_object]
[extbase_reflection]
[extbase_typo3dbbackend_tablecolumns]
[fluid_template]
[t3lib_l10n]
[workspaces_cache]

You can find all needed information at the wiki page you posted.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!