[TYPO3-english] Version 4.1.6 PHP compatibility

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Dec 20 17:01:00 CET 2012

Hi,

On 20-12-2012 16:37, lesm wrote:
> deleted.  In short in the next few hours I'm going to face very bad
> times... unless a Christmas miracle emerges instead of tomorrow's
> cataclysm...

I did manage to make a 4.2 installation run on PHP 5.3.19 and MySQL 5.5.

The main thing that resulted in problems was the date configuration in
PHP. That was fixed by adding this line to the end of
typo3conf/localconf.php:

date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Amsterdam');

The installation was pretty simple (TemplaVoilà, tt_news, realurl), but
it works. There are probably loads of warnings in the PHP logs, but as
this is a very temporary situation.

Of course old, unmaintained TYPO3 versions are insecure and should be
replaced asap...

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member