[TYPO3-english] LocalConfiguration.php question at typo3 version 6.0.0

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Dec 19 10:27:33 CET 2012

Hi,

On 19-12-2012 9:27, joydeep at infoservices.in wrote:
> Thanks, I have followed the link but still the concept is not
> clear to me. How can I define AdditiobnalConfiguration.php within
> ocalConfiguration.php  and does AdditiobnalConfiguration.php follow
> the old localconf.php style syntax ?

LocalConfiguration.php contains the settings which you set in the
Install Tool, Extension Manager. These are in the form of an array and
will be read into $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS'] by the bootstrap routines.
It's better to not modify this file manually because the entire file
will be re-written if some setting is changed.

You can put your own additional configuration in
typo3conf/AdditionalConfiguration.php
If this file is present it will be included by the bootstrap routines.

One thing that has changed is that $TYPO3_CONF_VARS cannot be used
anymore, but you have to use $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS'].

In your original post you mentioned that you had all the configuration
in custom.php, but that would make the entire Install Tool and Extension
Manager completely non-functional. Only your extra configuration or
configuration which depends on certain checks should go into
AdditionalConfiguration.php

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member