[TYPO3-english] Extension Manuals in 6.0 EM

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Dec 18 22:27:38 CET 2012

Hi Urs,

Urs Bräm wrote:

> I'm trying out TYPO3 6.0.0 with the new EM.
> Can anyone tell me where the Extension manuals have gone?

There will be an extension for the manuals, but currently you have to browse
the files directly to open the manual (or get it from TER).
Also check http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/

The manuals will (most likely) not be part of the new extension manager.

The further direction with the manuals is not clear yet, but there will
(hopefully) be a new module for 6.1.
We might just provide a module with links to the manuals. This works for the
old .swx manuals, but might not be that good for the reST manuals.
For the reST manuals, we could render them and put them into the extensions
prior to download.
I would prefer if we could fetch the manuals on demand from
http://docs.typo3.org/ and store them locally only if needed. Then the user
could choose between a PDF and a HTML version.

The reason why there is no link the extension manager is, that we do not
want the user to get used to features that we be removed soon.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!