[TYPO3-english] [Polluriel potentiel] More than one fe_users records with the same username possible?

jean-sebastien_gervais at ssss.gouv.qc.ca jean-sebastien_gervais at ssss.gouv.qc.ca
Tue Dec 18 16:04:10 CET 2012

Hello Roland

According to the TCA, fe_users.username is unique by page id  (TYPO3
4.5.x)  and the only unique constraint in the database is the uid.

in other word, I guess that removing uniqueInPid in the TCA in this line
would fix the issue for you.   add it to extTables.php :
$TCA['fe_users']['columns']['username']['config']['eval'] =
'nospace,lower,uniqueInPid,required';

For the unique user/password combination,  I don't think it is possible
directly in the TCA, although you can use a user_func with the eval
section, exemple:
$TCA['fe_users']['columns']['username']['config']['eval']  = '
tx_exampleextraevaluations_extraeval1'

«You can supply your own form evaluations in an extension by creating a
class with two functions,
one which returns the JavaScript code for client side validation called
returnFieldJS()
and one which does the server side validation called evaluateFieldValue().
The function evaluateFieldValue() has 3 arguments:
1.      $value :The field value to be evaluated.
2.      $is_in : The "is_in" value of the field configuration from TCA
(see below).
3.      &$set : Boolean defining if the value is written to the database
or not. Must be passed by reference and changed if needed.
Example:
class.tx_exampleextraevaluations_extraeval1.php:
<?php
class tx_exampleextraevaluations_extraeval1 {
  function returnFieldJS() {
return ' return value + " [added by JS]";  ';
}
function evaluateFieldValue($value, $is_in, &$set) {
   return $value . ' [added by PHP]';
  }
}
?>