[TYPO3-english] backend editors in multilanguage shows only language-restricted relation fields

Domi djgarms at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 06:04:32 CET 2012

Hey,

Thanks for the answer.

@Kai: I thought about this too, but the backend user are never
restricted to one language, they are editing both usually. But maybe Ill
think about this option.

 > AFAIK it is not possible to automatically get a localized select field,
 > but you can try to work around these TCA limitations by
 > filling/modifying the options with an itemsProcFunc.

I thought that I might missed some configuration or misunderstood some
basics of multilanguage extension development.

'branch' => array(
			'exclude' => 1,
			'label' =>
'LLL:EXT:dmf_travelagent/Resources/Private/Language/locallang_db.xml:tx_dmftravelagent_domain_model_travel.branch_type',
			'config' => array(
				'type' => 'select',
				'foreign_table' => 'tx_dmftravelagent_domain_model_traveltype',
				'minitems' => 0,
				'maxitems' => 1,
			),
		),

I thought that maybe in the 'foreign_where' there might be the option
for setting a ###language_uid###.

Maybe would be great to have, any thoughts? I could post a feature
request for this.

Cheers and nice weekend!

Dominic