[TYPO3-english] Redirect to login instead of 404 error page if fe_user has no correct permission

Pablo Feldman pablofeldman90 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 15:25:36 CET 2012

Hi list,

When I trying to load a page for some special fe_group, if the user is not
logged in, Typo3 return a 404 error page, I think it would be better to
send user to login page.

To fix this, I found I can add something like this on my localconf:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["FE"]["pageNotFound_handling"] =
'USER_FUNCTION:fileadmin/scripts/404.php:user_pagenotfound->pagenotfound';

however, to do this, I have to do 2 redirects, loosing performance, I think
there must be some way to redirect to login before error handler intercept
it.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance