[TYPO3-english] [Polluriel potentiel] Re: IE9: Upgrade TYPO3 4.7.4 -> 4.7.7 makes BE crash when saving through RTE

jean-sebastien_gervais at ssss.gouv.qc.ca jean-sebastien_gervais at ssss.gouv.qc.ca
Fri Dec 7 20:40:53 CET 2012

> Why is your browser in quirks mode?

Hello list,

Just a quick note:  IE 7/8/9 use quirks mode when it does not understand
which HTML document type you are using on your website

1.
http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/ieblog/2010/Jun/16_IEsCompatibilityFeaturesforSiteDevelopers_1.svg

more details on this link also
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2010/06/16/ie-s-compatibility-features-for-site-developers.aspx

This also means that HTML5's <!DOCTYPE html> declaration is likely to
trigger quirksmode in IE9 and below, unless adding a X-UA-Compatible meta
tag.

Jean-Sebastien Gervais