[TYPO3-english] T3CMS V6.0 and AdditionalConfiguration.php

Christian Tauscher christian.tauscher at media-distillery.de
Thu Dec 6 14:19:32 CET 2012

Hi der TYPO3 CMS V6.0 admins.

Just fiddling around with all of the new Features.

Up to now I had a lot of extra configuration-stuff in localconf.php and
extTables.php

If I add e.g.

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['MAIL']['defaultMailFromAddress'] = 'test at test.de';

or even (in localconf.php on muli-domain/cutomers-sites:

switch($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) {
  case 'domain1.tld':
  $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['MAIL']['defaultMailFromAddress'] = 'd1 at doma...';
  break;

  case 'domain2.tld':
  $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['MAIL']['defaultMailFromAddress'] = 'd2 at doma...';
  break;
}

in AdditionalConfiguration.php the value from LocalCOnfiguration.php is
not overwritten. Even removing the 'MAIL' array from LocalConfiguration
does not give me the newly set value.
The Line is taken from mod:Configuration in BE.

But maybe the configuration module is not finished yet, and the
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS has changed completely?

Hwo knows about this?

Bug or feature?

Any good ideas to solve my scwitch/case-block?

Thanks for your reply,

Christian.